At the VMA's last night, the 90-second trailer for Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 premiered. This post will be short and sweet. Continue reading to watch the trailer and read my thoughts on the upcoming movie!
- First impression - the CGI/special effects are terrible. What is Bella doing flying around everywhere? It doesn't look realistic at all. I understand the need to make her badass, which she did improve on that front, but flying doesn't equate to badassery. (Unless you're Iron Man).
- Renesmee is adorable. Best casting ever!
- Kristen Sewart looks remarkably older in this movie than the first Twilight movie. Like a good decade older. She honestly looks like a mom. Is it because of awesome makeup/wardrobe/movie magic? Or "personal" life struggles? Hmm....visuals are below...Twilight Bella vs. Breaking Dawn - Part 2 Bella
- The wolves. *sigh* I gave them a pass in New Moon because that was the first movie they appeared in. But seriously, this is the fifth movie! Could they have spent a little more money trying not to make them look so fake?
- I'm going to confess, I have no idea what the plot of this film is. I didn't read the last book. From the trailer, I'd guess it's about a blonde Ice Princess betraying Bella and Edward and the-most-adorable-little-girl-in-the-world to Dakota Fanning and then having an epic battle on her home turf -- a block of ice. Oh...and then Jacob takes of his shirt. Am I right? ;)
Update: After watching the teaser for a second (and third) time. It was clear to me that Jacob did not take his shirt off. That was just in my mind.
- I'm really surprised there were no sexy scenes in the trailer. Boo.
- Finally, I liked the very end with Bella giving a round house kick (aided by Edward) to a baddie. Very cool, and no awful CGI needed. See, Bella can be cool without flying. It's possible. Take notes, Summit. And make her fly less. She's a vampire. Not a flying squirrel.
What did you think of the trailer? Excited for the movie? Have you read the last book? Thoughts below!