NEW TEASER TRAILER
Hunger Games: Catching Fire
All right fellow book lovers, feast your eyes on the best thing that came out of the MTV Movie Awards last night.
I have some comments on this trailer. First off, I'd like to preface that it's been quite awhile since I read Catching Fire, so my brain may be a little bit rusty on the details. Anyway, here's what I thought during the trailer:
- Peeta is looking much hotter this time around. Is he sexier now that he's a proven winner? Or has Josh Hutcherson grown into his blond hair?
- What?! Katniss is crying?! Katniss doesn't cry. Wipe off those tears and grab a bow, bitch.
- *jaw drops* those costumes. Ahem...gorgeous.
- Is this the third book we're seeing? New scenes? There is a lot of revolution stuff going on that I don't remember from book 2.
- Prim! Listen to your big sister.
- A KISS. A KISS. Wait...I do not remember this in the book. In fact, I don't remember a lot of this.
- Whoa! Gale gets whipped? (Time to go reread Catching Fire).
- "Their entire species must be eradicted" this just got a little like X-men up in here.
- Wait. That's IT?! Where's Finnick? Where's Johanna? Where's the next HUNGER GAMES?!
Okay, so overall, this felt a lot like the teaser trailer for the first movie with Katniss running around in the woods. It doesn't show much beyond a certain extent, in this case the victory tour that they take at the beginning of the novel.
I'm most shocked about how much I don't remember. It's possible that these are new scenes, so if you've read the book recently (or just have a great memory) then take to the comments to set that record straight! Are these new scenes or is this revolution stuff (like Gale getting whipped) in Catching Fire?
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Lots of stuff going on in this trailer. What are your thoughts? Bummed that nothing from the Quarter Quell was shown? Sound off below!